National Research Council (NRC)
As Canada’s RTO (Research and Technology Organisation), the National Research Council (NRC) is addressing national and industry-based technology and innovation challenges with greater strategic and market focus in areas such as natural resources and the environment, health care, security and urban and rural community infrastructure.
Development of the GOST concept and creation of the website content required a multi-disciplinary effort spearheaded by employees of NRC-Energy, Mining and Environment. The expertise required covers areas as diverse as hydrogeology, chemistry, microbiology, engineering and geology. Website technical support was provided by NRC’s Information Technology and Security Services and the Communications Branch.
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC)
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) provides expert support to the Federal Contaminated Sites Action Plan (FCSAP) secretariat and custodians by developing project management tools, facilitating the sharing of information on innovative technologies, and liaison with industry. Specific activities include:
- developing management enabling tools for the secretariat and custodians;
- regularly evaluating and updating tools as appropriate;
- communicating the results of innovative technologies to custodians;
- completing and analyzing forecast demand for remediation services; and;
- developing a national community of practice for contaminated site professionals;
- Date modified: